Becoming an OPG supplier
At Ontario Power Generation, we take pride in the quality of our supplier network and relationships.
Discover how we select suppliers who meet the highest standards of safety and efficiency, for the good of Ontario.
Selecting suppliers for Ontario
At OPG we work hard to maintain the quality of our vast supplier network across Ontario. Suppliers must meet OPG’s supplier requirements and provide requested information about their company to give us a clear understanding of the nature and scope of the goods and services being sold.
As well, we encourage suppliers to explore business opportunities with Indigenous businesses across the province.
Assessing our sourcing strength
As part of OPG’s planning cycle, we continuously assess our strategic sourcing.
For existing suppliers:
Your company’s profile and associated information must be included in case our review reveals changes in our sourcing capability, or to address a specific internal client request. We welcome your response to help us evaluate available supplier market options.
If you are a service provider there is a requirement to register your business with ISNetworld.
In order to do business with OPG, suppliers must meet OPG's qualification standards
For new suppliers
All new suppliers must register their company profile with OPG for an evaluation by using the registration form on the Ariba Network and completing the required fields.
- There is no fee for completing this form.
- Your file will be kept on the sourcing database indefinitely.
- If you already have a profile on the network, you can request a trading relationship with OPG.
- Purchasing agents will search the registered supplier’s database when there is a need to purchase services or materials.
- Purchasing agents will contact businesses whose profile qualifications meet selection criteria and may request clarification, additional information, or a proposal or quotation in response to a formal solicitation.
Please note that no promise of contract(s) is implied by being registered with Ariba.
Contract awards follow OPG’s established procedures for competitive bidding, evaluation and negotiation. The steps in the competitive bidding process include a thorough financial and quality assurance evaluation to ensure suitability with OPG’s standards of excellence.
For more information, please contact us at SupplyChain@opg.com.