Annual Awards: one per Ontario university
One annual student award, valued at $2,400 per Ontario University, offered to a qualified student and a member of an employment equity target group (women, Indigenous people (First Nations, Métis, and Inuit), persons with disabilities, or members of visible minorities.
This award is granted to a student currently enrolled full-time in second year of an electrical, computer, mechanical, chemical, environmental or nuclear engineering program.
- have strong oral and written communication skills;
- demonstrate leadership skills;
- provide proof of good academic standing (minimum B average);
- be involved in extra-curricular activities, including volunteer work;
- submit a completed Applicant/Nominee Information Package (see below under 'Process');
- be legally eligible to work in Canada upon graduation; and
- receive no more than one other award of equal or greater value in his/her second year.
* For Lakehead University the award recipient will be in the third year Technology program and continuing in the Engineering degree program.
- The award recipient is nominated through the University’s internal awards selection process/program.
- Following nomination, the Student Awards Office provides written notification and a completed Applicant/Nominee Information Package to OPG. This package must include:
- a letter of nomination/recommendation from the Student Awards Office;
- a 250-500 word overview prepared by the nominee, highlighting their qualifications/interest in the OPG University Engineering Award;
- a copy of the nominee's most recent official transcript; and
- a copy of the nominee's current resume, listing all work, volunteer and extra-curricular activities (full-time and part-time).
- Following acceptance of the nominee, OPG provides the Student Awards Office with a letter of congratulations to the award recipient, along with the accompanying award cheque to be presented to the recipient at the University’s Student Awards Ceremony.