Annual Awards: one per Ontario college
One annual student award, valued at $1,000 per Ontario college, offered to a qualified student and a member of an employment equity target group (women, Indigenous people (First Nations, Métis, and Inuit), persons with disabilities, and visible minorities).
This award is granted to a student currently enrolled full-time in second year of one of the following technician/technology programs: electrical, electronics, instrumentation, mechanical, power systems, computer, chemical or marine engineering.
- have strong oral and written communication skills;
- demonstrate leadership skills;
- provide proof of good academic standing (minimum B average);
- be involved in extra-curricular activities, including volunteer work;
- receive no more than one other award of equal or greater value in his/her second year;
- submit a completed Applicant/Nominee Information Package (see below under 'Process'); and
- be legally eligible to work in Canada upon graduation.
- The award recipient is nominated through the College’s internal awards selection process/program.
- Following nomination, the Student Awards Office provides written notification and a completed Applicant/Nominee Information Package to OPG. This package must include:
- a letter of nomination/recommendation from the Student Awards Office;
- a 250-500 word overview prepared by the nominee highlighting their qualifications/interest in the OPG Technician/Technology Award;
- a copy of nominee's most recent official transcript; and
- a copy of nominee's current resume listing all work, volunteer and extra-curricular activities (full-time and part-time).
- Following acceptance of the nominee, OPG provides the Student Awards Office with a letter of congratulations to the award recipient along with the accompanying award cheque to be presented to the recipient at the College’s Awards Ceremony.