OPG’s corporate governance approach is to continually improve the policies and procedures used to direct and manage the corporation, to enhance Shareholder value and ensure financial viability. OPG continues to implement initiatives to enhance corporate governance practices in line with existing Ontario Securities Commission (“OSC”) regulatory requirements, with the objective of strengthening the organization.
OPG’s Board of Directors is made up of individuals with substantial expertise in managing and restructuring large businesses, managing and operating nuclear stations, managing capital intensive companies, and overseeing regulatory, government and public relations. The Board has established a number of committees to focus on areas critical to the success of the Company.
The Board exercises its independent supervision over management as follows:
- the majority of members of the Board are independent of the Company;
- meetings of the Board are held at least six times a year;
- a formal Charter for the Board and each Board Committee has been adopted;
- each Board Committee is chaired by an independent director; and
- a portion of each Board and Committee meeting is reserved for directors to meet without management present.
In addition to our Annual Report, we annually publish a Sustainable Development Report on OPG's environmental performance. We also publish Performance Reports twice a year. All of these publications are available for download in the Reports section of this website.
As well, OPG is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the Public Sector Salary Disclosure Act and the Auditor General Act. Our Code of Conduct is also available on this website.
Freedom of Information