OPG relies on the following to maintain its strong safety culture:
- Strong and visible leadership commitment to safe production.
- Effective hiring practices and employee safety training.
- Credible metrics and performance objectives that drive injury reduction and continuous improvement.
- Identifying, eliminating, controlling, protecting and minimizing the impact of workplace hazards.
- Safety incident reporting to support continuous improvement and learning.
- Engaged Joint Health and Safety Committees and union partners.
Employee health and wellness is also important at OPG and is promoted through:
- Educational resources on a variety of health topics.
- A robust Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Healthy living information and presentations.
- Return-to-work programs.
- Interventions and strategies targeting health risk areas.
- Established linkages to community health resources and programs.
Workplace safety tips for rookies
Watch the video.